Associate Manager, Mobile Publishing
SUMMARY OF POSITION
WB Games Inc. seeks an Associate Manager, Mobile Publishing for the WBG SF Publishing department. This is a critical role within WB Games Mobile Publishing team with responsibilities that span strategic planning, product marketing and financial management and serve to support WB Games ambitious growth plans in mobile games.
You will have responsibility for critical aspects of free-to-play games-as-a-service titles based on WB’s world-class entertainment brands (such as DC Comics, Harry Potter, The Lord of the Rings, LEGO) and you will contribute meaningfully to the commercial success of these games. This function requires your support at both the franchise and product-level, and across the lifecycle of each game.
The ideal candidate should be extremely detail oriented, with an affinity for data to inform critical business decisions. He/she will be highly organized with a demonstrated track record for multi-tasking and maintaining focus across numerous initiatives. The Associate Manager should also possess excellent communication skills – written, verbal, and visual – as the ability to effectively present ideas internally and guide the development of marketing creative are essential to this job.
- Inform publishing’s perspective on slate and franchise planning and assess new business opportunities that can accelerate growth:
- Research and analyze market intelligence, competitive landscape, and industry trends.
- Respond to inquiries and assess strategic fit of new business opportunities.
- Support new project greenlights with financial analyses and modeling.
- Build strong relationships across functions (e.g., franchise teams, Business Development, Product Development) to support implementation of strategic plans.
- Drive product demand by increasing awareness, interests and activations among consumers:
- Consumer insights: Be an expert on our players -- how they play and their wants and needs -- by collaborating with Consumer Insights to conduct research. Transfer that knowledge to Product Managers to inform product design and product roadmap that meets players’ wants and needs.
- Product positioning: Identify the target audience and our product’s differentiation, define the winning product positioning, and ensure the product and our communications aligns with the positioning.
- Work closely with the Production Team to ensure product design and product roadmap are infused with consumer insights and reflect the product positioning. Serve as the voice of Central Publishing when collaborating with Production during the development and live management phase of the product lifecycle.
- Marketing strategy: Use research and analysis to support the development of integrated marketing plans to promote new product launches and updates. Evaluate budget and performance across marketing channels, making recommendations for optimizations.
- Marketing communications: Use communication to influence our players’ behavior to meet business objectives, e.g., awareness, installs, engagement, monetization. Track and report campaign ROI.
- Facilitate senior management to have a holistic perspective on the mobile games business’s financial performance:
- Support Manager to analyze forecasts and monitor financial performance against budget and industry benchmarks.
- Bachelor’s degree required.
- 2-3 years of product marketing experience, CPG, digital service, or games preferred.
- Experience turning market and consumer research into insights.
- Experience with revenue forecasts and financial modeling.
- Strong problem-solving, analytical and quantitative skills, including superb ability to dissect data and measure ROI.
- Ability to execute, prioritize competing deadlines, and manage multiple, complex projects.
- Written, verbal and visual communication skills.
- Self-starter and comfortable working in ambiguous situations.
- Effective relationship building skills across business functions.
- Passion for mobile games.
WB is an equal opportunity employer and will consider for employment qualified applicants consistent with the requirements of Article 49, Sections 4904-4905 and 4908-4910 of the San Francisco Police Code and all candidates for employment regardless of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, citizenship, age, disability, marital status, military or veteran’s status (including protected veterans, as may be required by federal law), sexual orientation or any other category protected by law.
Sign up for Job Alerts
Senior Java Backend Developer (m/f)eGym GmbHBerlin, DeutschlandFeb 14
Cyber Security EngineerOcto Telematics, NABoston, MA, United StatesFeb 14
Head of SalesConcordSan Francisco, CA, United StatesFeb 14
Manufacturing EngineerNeolightPhoenix, AZ, United StatesFeb 11
Senior Data Engineer @ MeetMeThe SourcerySan Francisco, CA, United StatesFeb 11
Latest from the webjobs by
Infrastructure Services - Sales Capture Senior Manager - Communications, Media and Technology (BAY AREA)AccentureSan Francisco, CA 9410513 Feb
Senior Software Development Engineer - International Technology TeamAmazon Corporate LLCSeattle, WA4 Jan
Senior Software Development Engineer – Emerging NoSQL TechnologiesAmazon Corporate LLCSeattle, WA16 Dec
Manager - Sales & TechnologyAlpine ElectronicsAuburn Hills, MI 483264 Feb
Information Technology ProfessionalFuture Generations UniversityFranklin, WV9 Feb
Lead Software Engineer, PlatformWB Games San FranciscoSan Francisco, CA, United StatesJan 11
Sr. Manager, Mobile PublishingWB Games San FranciscoSan Francisco, CA, United StatesJan 11
Operations ManagerSkedaddleBoston, MA, United StatesJan 31
IDEABOOST Portfolio ManagerCanadian Film CentreToronto, ON, CanadaFeb 04
Digital Strategies ManagerBerkshire Hathaway HomeServices Carolinas RealtyCharlotte, NC, United StatesJan 27