The Canadian Film Centre (CFC) is a charitable organization whose mission is to invest in and inspire the next generation of world-class Canadian content creators and entrepreneurs in the screen-based entertainment industry. A significant economic and cultural driver in Canada and beyond, CFC delivers a range of multi-disciplinary programs and initiatives in film, television, music, screen acting, and digital media, which provides industry collaborations, strategic partnerships, and business and marketplace opportunities for talent and participants. For more information, visit cfccreates.com.
The CFC Media Lab is a unique production think-tank, training institute and accelerator for emerging interactive and digital creators, practitioners, entrepreneurs and companies, which has graduated over 200 professionals, prototyped over 100 interactive products and commercialized over 30 technologically-savvy start-ups.
The CFC is looking for a Portfolio Manager to support IDEABOOST, the CFC’s Toronto-based business accelerator and startup community for companies that are building the next generation of technology-based media and entertainment products, services and brands. IDEABOOST provides high–potential Canadian startups with seed investment, mentorship and access to its network.
The right person will have proven experience as an entrepreneur and/or experience working within the entrepreneurial community and startup ecosystem. Familiarity with the early-stage venture-backed company ecosystem is preferred.
Along with the Managing Director and Associate Director, the Portfolio Manager is tasked with ensuring the success of the IDEABOOST program, helping early-stage Canadian technology companies through their journey.
- Recruit companies monthly, vet applications, and assist with company selection.
- Manage contracting requests for all new applicants.
- Represent IDEABOOST to the local community, both actively and passively.
- Support IDEABOOST event recruitment activities when required. [Is this duplicated - see first bullet?]
IDEABOOST Portfolio Management
- Manage each company journey through the IDEABOOST Network Connect program.
- Meet weekly with companies (roughly 30 minutes per company) to check in and evaluate needs and make recommendations to effectively manage results.
- Manage relationships between startups and stakeholders by scheduling and coordinating meetings with mentors, CFC staff and peers as needed.
- Engage with industry partners and coordinate activities, meetings, and events that drive startups to success.
- Follow best practices and execute outlined content and curriculum of the program.
- Calendar management of all Network Connect activities (mentors, talks, events, general programming.
- Ensure all startup company profiles are up to date across cfccreates.ca and ideaboost.ca.
- Oversee data management pertaining to IDEABOOST companies, analysis and reporting.
- Oversee the creation of all supporting IDEABOOST assets, including investment-ready one-pagers, program manuals and reports.
- Oversee IDEABOOST Network Connect communications management (email, Slack, in-person) to core stakeholders as needed (mentors, CFC, Investment Advisory, Program Partners).
Required Skills and Experience:
- Minimum of five years’ experience working in the startup ecosystem.
- Bachelor of Business Administration Degree is essential.
- Excellent organizational skills.
- Team player with exceptional customer service skills.
- Ability to communicate effectively both orally and in writing.
- Able to work alternatives times (weekends) when required.
- Knowledge of technology, entrepreneurship and venture capital.
- Ability to meet strict deadlines with competing priorities.
- Knowledge of the media and entertainment landscape an asset.
- Experience in project management, program coordination, planning and events.
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced team environment and manage multiple responsibilities.
Sign up for Job Alerts
Senior Java Backend Developer (m/f)eGym GmbHBerlin, DeutschlandFeb 14
Cyber Security EngineerOcto Telematics, NABoston, MA, United StatesFeb 14
Head of SalesConcordSan Francisco, CA, United StatesFeb 14
Manufacturing EngineerNeolightPhoenix, AZ, United StatesFeb 11
Senior Data Engineer @ MeetMeThe SourcerySan Francisco, CA, United StatesFeb 11
Latest from the webjobs by
Infrastructure Services - Sales Capture Senior Manager - Communications, Media and Technology (BAY AREA)AccentureSan Francisco, CA 9410513 Feb
Senior Software Development Engineer - International Technology TeamAmazon Corporate LLCSeattle, WA4 Jan
Senior Software Development Engineer – Emerging NoSQL TechnologiesAmazon Corporate LLCSeattle, WA16 Dec
Manager - Sales & TechnologyAlpine ElectronicsAuburn Hills, MI 483264 Feb
Information Technology ProfessionalFuture Generations UniversityFranklin, WV9 Feb
Lead Software Engineer, PlatformWB Games San FranciscoSan Francisco, CA, United StatesJan 11
Operations ManagerSkedaddleBoston, MA, United StatesJan 31
Sr. Manager, Mobile PublishingWB Games San FranciscoSan Francisco, CA, United StatesJan 11
Associate Manager, Mobile PublishingWB Games San FranciscoSan Francisco, CA, United StatesJan 11
Digital Strategies ManagerBerkshire Hathaway HomeServices Carolinas RealtyCharlotte, NC, United StatesJan 27